Saturday, April 24, 2010

Which was worse, Imus using racial slurs, or questioning those young ladies virtue?

I haven't heard anything about the latter. I have heard that people should be judged by the content of their character, not the color of their skin. Isn't calling a young lady a whore, prejudging their character?

Which was worse, Imus using racial slurs, or questioning those young ladies virtue?
I never heard that he used racial slurs. I thought he used the term "nappy" in reference to them, alone. If this is the case, his calling them "hoes" was worse.


The reference to their hair didn't sound very racially charged, though. He seemed to be ridiculing them, because of how bad their hair looked. I am not sure he would have said the same thing if they had more presentable hairstyles.


I am not defending him, though. That half of the statement made was derogatory, I take his statement as a conjunctive insult.
Reply:bigotry is wrong i'm glad he got fired : )


No comments:

Post a Comment